generic Recruitment Information
- Prior to interview, the school will seek references for all shortlisted candidates.
- We will undertake an 'online presence' check for all shortlisted candidates (KCSIE 2022 p220) - including social media and wider google searches. Shortlisted candidates will be asked for social media handles to support us in narrowing these searches. Any concerns will be addressed with candidates.
- Prior to an offer of employment, an enhanced DBS check will be undertaken.
CLASS TEACHER ROLE
Are you passionate about changing the life chances of young people?
Thank you for your interest in our advertised class teacher role. We are looking to appoint an exceptional candidate to our dedicated school team.
The successful candidate will be presented with the opportunity to progress within the school if demonstrating the right impact.
We are keen to receive applications from experienced as well as early career teachers – we know that both add a dynamic to school that will support our continued growth and development.
Information about our school:
We are a large (three-form-entry) primary school situated in the city of Southampton. We serve a diverse community with almost three-quarters of our pupils speaking English as an additional language.
In September 2022, we welcomed a new headteacher and newly established senior team. And in Seotember 2023 we increased our partnerships with a local outstanding primary school and support from executive leadership.
Our offer to every teacher:
- Bespoke professional development opportunities.
- Cutting-edge technology for the planning and delivery of lessons. Use of multi-collaboration platforms to simplify the process of lesson planning.
- A device to help your planning, preparation and assessment.
- A ‘Staff wellbeing charter’ with perks including, a paid days leave throughout the year for personal wellbeing. A commitment to reduce planning.
- The introduction of a new curriculum for non-core subjects that includes the sequential planning, learning resources and visuals. Ensuring that you get your Sunday nights back.
- Support from two local schools for co-planning and sharing of ideas and moderation.