1. What type of school are you, what special educational needs do you cater for and are there eligibility criteria?
2. How does your educational setting know if children need extra help and what do I do if I think that my child has special educational needs?
3. How will both you and I know how my child is doing and how will you help me to support my child’s learning?
4. How will the educational setting staff support my child?
5. How will the curriculum at your setting be matched to my child’s needs?
6. How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child will receive?
7. How will my child be included in activities including trips run by your setting?
8. What support will there be for my child’s overall wellbeing?
9. What training is provided for staff supporting children with SEN?
10. How accessible is your educational setting (indoors and outside)?
11. How are the parents/carers/young people currently involved in your educational setting? How can I get involved and who can I contact for further information?
12. What steps do I take if I have a concern about the school’s SEN provision?
13. What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the school?
14. How will the school prepare and support my child to join the school, transfer to a new school, or transfer to the next stage of life?
15. Where can I get further information about services for my child?
Click here for more information.